Harley-Davidson is Australia’s top-selling road bike brand(1) and in the H-D range, the handsome Softail Breakout is the top seller.
So how do you go about making an already drop-dead gorgeous bike even sexier? Well, we asked Theo from Harley-Heaven Melbourne and he told us.
“That’s a no-brainer. We know that the new Breakout (FXBRS) is already extremely popular across all generations of riders,” said Theo, “so all we had to do was create a standout version of an already stellar bike.”
So, the boys at Harley-Heaven Melbourne set about the task of building a totally unique machine.
The shopping list of decorative and performance parts included:
- Burleigh Bars Gloss Black 1 ½"X 16” REVERSE HIGHBALL’S w/ SHORT BURLEIGH RISER’S
- H-D BLACK HAND CONTROL LEVER KIT
- H-D DEFIANCE HAND GRIPS – BLACK ANODIZED
- ARLEN NESS Rad II Teardrop, Black Finish MINI MIRRORS
- THUNDERBIKE FRONT BLK AMBER MINI LED TURN SIGNALS
- THUNDERBIKE & H-D BLACK FLUSH FUEL CAP KIT
- Blow Exhaust CERAMIC MATTE BLACK KILLER system.
- SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® ROUND EXTREME-FLOW AIR CLEANER
- MAXIMUS TUNER
- H-D DEFIANCE RIDER PEGS, BRAKE PEDAL PAD & SHIFT PEG – BLACK ANODIZED
- BIG DADDY SIKTAIL KIT w/MINI LED STOP/TAIL/TURN SET UP
- BIG DADDY DUMP IT LOWERING KIT
- CUSTOM SATIN BLACK PAINT WORK
“The big Milwaukee-Eight 114 cuber on the new Breakouts gives plenty of grunt, so we didn't need to focus too much of the output,” said Theo, “instead we put all our effort in making this one black beauty. We made sure the black and chrome contrasts added special visual appeal, plus the cool Burleigh Bars ‘ape hangers’ are another factor in the distinctive look of this bike.”
Theo noted that H-D’s factory silky ‘black denim’ is not offered in the Breakout range and, according to lots of customer feedback, he reckons that colour would be a hit. What do you think?
What should we call this head-turning Hog? There might be a prize for the best name ;)
- FCAI Q1 2019 Motorcycles Sales Data